Nakoma Resort is located at the heart of the ‘Lost Sierra’ in Plumas County, CA. Less than an hour from Reno and Truckee-Tahoe, Nakoma is a slice of true alpine paradise – without the crowds!
Nakoma is a luxury community centered around a vibrant resort featuring a host of amenities for residents and visitors to enjoy. Play golf on Nakoma’s beautiful championship course or dine in the singular Frank Lloyd Wright Lodge.
The surrounding area provides plenty of outdoor year-round activities to entice residents, including hiking, biking, boating, golf, fishing, Nordic and back-country skiing as well as snowmobiling. Just minutes away from resort amenities, you can plunge into the sparkling water of one of the dozens of alpine lakes in the Lakes Basin Recreation Area, enjoy trout fishing in the Middle Fork of the Feather River, spot a bald eagle in the Sierra Valley, or hike along the Pacific Crest Trail. Without the crowds found in Truckee-Tahoe, it is easy to take advantage of all that the ‘Lost Sierra’ has to offer.
Prospective residents have several ownership options:
- Homesites vary from just under an acre up to 15 acres (average 2 acres per homesite). Prices begin at $100,000 per homesite, and $300,000 for a Signature Series lot.
- Turn-key, move-in ready mountain-modern homes range from $800,000 to $2.7M.
- Custom-built Ascend Residences are the epitome of mountain luxury. Ownership comes with access to Altitude recreation center’s heated pool, workout facilities, climbing wall, Bistro, and other amenities. Home rental program participation is also available.
- Altitude Recreation Center
- Robin Nelson-designed golf course
- Fine dining at Nakoma’s Frank Lloyd Wright Lodge
- Pool and Spa
Nakoma Area Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.